Date Posted: January 16, 2023
This policy applies to all BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC users, including Riders and Drivers, and to all BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC platforms and services, including our applications, websites, technology, and other services (collectively, the “BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC Platform”). This policy applies only to personal information, not to aggregate information or information that does not identify you. Please remember that your use of the BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC Platform is also subject to our Terms of Service.
When you use the BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC Platform, we collect the information you provide, usage information, and information about your device. We also collect information about you from other sources like service providers, and optional programs in which you participate, which we may combine with other information we have about you. Here are the types of information we collect about you:
Account Registration. When you create an account with BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC, we collect the information you provide us, such as your name, email address, phone number, birth date, profile photo, and payment information. You may choose to share additional info with us for your Rider profile, like saved addresses (e.g., home or work), and set up other preferences. We may ask that you provide additional information related to the identity of your account, such as documents related to identification (e.g., driver’s license) or a profile picture.
Driver Information. If you apply to be a Driver, we will collect the information you provide in your application, including your name, email address, phone number, birth date, profile photo, physical address, government identification number (such as social security number), driver’s license information, vehicle information, and car insurance information. We collect the payment information you provide us,
including your bank routing numbers, and tax information. Depending on where you want to drive, we may also ask for additional business license or permit information or other information to manage driving and programs relevant to that location. We may need additional information from you at some point after you become a Driver, including information to confirm your identity. Ratings and Feedback. When you rate and provide feedback about the BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC Platform (including about Riders or Drivers), we collect all of the information you provide in your feedback. Communications. When you contact us or we contact you, including through surveys or research projects, we collect any information that you provide, including the contents of the messages orattachments you send us.
Location Information. The BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC Platform collects location information (including GPS and WiFi data, IP address, and Bluetooth data) differently depending on your BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC app settings and device permissions as well as whether you are using the platform as a Rider or Driver:
• Riders: We collect your device’s precise location when you open and use the BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC app, including while the app is running in the background from the time you request a ride until it ends. BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC also tracks the precise location
of scooters and e-bikes at all times.
• Drivers: We collect your device’s precise location when you open and use the app, including while the app is running in the background. We also collect precise location for a limited time after you exit driver mode in order to detect ride incidents, and continue collecting it until a reported or detected incident is no longer active. If you choose to install a BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC Platform device in or on your vehicle that device may collect precise location information when turned on. Usage Information. We collect information about your use of the BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC Platform, including ride information like the date, time, destination, distance, route, payment, and whether you used a promotional or referral code. We also collect information about your interactions with the BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC Platform like our apps and websites, including the pages and content you view and the dates and times of your use. We may also infer information from your use of or information you provide us in your interactions with the BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC Platform.
Device Information. We collect information about the devices you use to access the BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC Platform, including device model, IP address, type of browser, version of operating system, identity of carrier and manufacturer, radio type (such as 4G), preferences and settings (such as preferred language), application installations, device identifiers, advertising identifiers, and push notification tokens. If you are a Driver, we also collect mobile sensor data from your device (such as speed, direction, height, acceleration, deceleration, and other technical data). If you have installed a BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC Platform device in your vehicle (e.g., a BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC dashboard device or tablet), that device may similarly collect sensor data and other information like location, as described when you choose and set up such devices.
Communications Between Riders and Drivers. We work with a third party to facilitate phone calls and text messages between Riders and Drivers without sharing either party’s actual phone number with the other. But while we use a third party to provide the communication service, we collect information about these communications and BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC Platform chat communications, including the
participants’ phone numbers, the date and time, and the contents of SMS and chat messages. For security purposes, we may also monitor or record the contents of phone calls made through the BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC Platform, but we will always let you know we are about to do so before the call begins.
Address Book Contacts. You may set your device permissions to grant BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC access to your contact lists and direct BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC to access your contact list, for example to help you refer friends to BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC. If you choose to do this, we will access the names and contact information of the people in your address book.
Calendar Information. You may set your device permissions or otherwise grant BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC access to your chosen calendar and direct BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC to access calendar information, for example to help you get alerts to order a ride for your upcoming trip. If you choose to do this, we will access and store information available in your calendar to use in providing you these optional features.
Cookies, Analytics, and Third-Party Technologies. We collect information through the use of “cookies”, tracking pixels, data analytics tools like Google Analytics, SDKs, and other third-party technologies to understand how you navigate through the BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC Platform and interact with BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC advertisements, to make your BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC experience safer, to learn what content is popular, to improve your site experience, to serve you better ads on other sites, and to save your preferences. Cookies are small text files that web servers place on your device; they are designed to store basic information and to help websites and apps recognize your browser. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be accessed every time you use the BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC Platform.
Service Providers and Other Parties. Service providers and other parties provide us with information needed for core aspects of the BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC Platform, as well as for additional services, programs, loyalty benefits, and promotions that can enhance your BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC experience. These service providers and other parties include background check providers, insurance partners, financial service providers, marketing providers, and other businesses. We obtain the following information about you from these parties:
• Information to make the BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC Platform safer, like background check information or identity verification information;
• Information about your participation in third-party programs that provide things like insurance coverage and financial instruments, such as insurance, payment, transaction, and fraud detection information;
• Information to operationalize loyalty and promotional/marketing programs or applications, services, or features you choose to connect or link to your BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC account, such as information about your use of such programs, applications, services, or features;
• Information about you provided by specific services, such as vehicle, demographic and market segment information.
Other Users and Sources. Other users or public or third-party sources such as law enforcement, insurers, media, or pedestrians may provide us information about you, for example as part of an investigation into an incident or to provide you support.
We use your personal information in the following ways:
Providing the BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC Platform. We use your personal information to provide an easy to use and worthwhile experience on our platform. To do this, we use your personal information to:
• Verify your identity and maintain your account, settings, and preferences;
• Connect you to your rides and track their progress;
• Provide various BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC Platform offerings to you, such as vehicles services and third party promotional advertisements that may be personalized to you;
• Calculate prices and process payments;
• Allow Riders and Drivers to connect regarding their ride and to choose to share their location with others;
• Communicate with you about your use of the BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC Platform and experience;
• Collect feedback regarding your experience;
• Operate promotions.
Maintaining the Security and Safety of the BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC Platform and its Users. Providing you a secure and safe experience drives our platform, both on the road and on our apps. To do this, we use your personal information to:
• Authenticate and verify users;
• Verify that Drivers and their vehicles meet safety requirements;
• Investigate and resolve incidents, accidents, and insurance claims;
• Encourage safe driving behavior and avoid unsafe activities;
• Find and prevent fraud; and
• Block and remove unsafe or fraudulent users from the BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC Platform.
Providing Customer Support. We work hard to provide the best experience possible, including supporting you when you need it. To do this, we use your personal information to:
• Investigate and assist you in resolving questions or issues you have regarding the BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC Platform; and
• Provide you support or respond to you.
Improving the BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC Platform. We are always working to improve your experience and provide you with new and helpful features. To do this, we use your personal information to:
• Perform research, testing, and analysis;
• Develop new products, features, partnerships, and services;
• Prevent, find, and resolve software or hardware bugs and issues; and
• Monitor and improve our operations and processes, including security practices, algorithms, and other modeling.
Responding to Legal Proceedings and Requirements. Sometimes the law, government entities, or other regulatory bodies impose demands and obligations on us with respect to the services we seek to provide. In such a circumstance, we may use your personal information to respond to those demands or obligations.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties for money — no one can buy the personal information we collect from and about you and we do not act as a data broker. However, we may need to share your personal information with other users, third parties, and service providers to make the BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC Platform work and to deliver relevant personalized ads to you on and off the BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC Platform. This section otherwise explains when and why we share your information
Riders and Drivers.
Rider information shared with Driver: As part of surfacing the ride request and enabling the ride, we share with the Driver the Rider’s pickup and destination, location, name, profile photo, rating, Rider statistics (like approximate number of rides and years as a Rider), and information the Rider includes in their Rider profile (like preferred pronouns) as well as any additional stops the Rider inputs into the BLYNKR
TECHNOLOGIES LLC app. Once the ride is finished, we also eventually share the Rider’s rating and feedback with the Driver.
Driver information shared with Rider: Upon a Driver accepting a requested ride, we will share with the Rider the Driver’s name, profile photo, rating, real-time location, and the vehicle make, model, color, and license plate, as well as other information in the Driver’s BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC profile, such as information Drivers choose to add and Driver statistics (like approximate number of rides and years as a
Although we help Riders and Drivers communicate with one another to arrange a pickup, we do not share your actual phone number or other contact information with other users when enabling this. If you report a lost or found item to us, we will seek to connect you with the relevant Rider or Driver, which may include sharing actual contact information with your consent.
Depending on whether you’re a Rider or a Driver, BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC may share the following categories of your personal information to provide you with a variety of the BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC Platform’s features and services:
• Personal identifiers, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, date of birth, government identification number (such as social security number), driver’s license information, vehicle information, and car insurance information;
• Financial information, such as bank routing numbers, tax information, and any other payment information you provide us;
• Commercial information, such as ride information, Driver/Rider statistics and feedback, and Driver/Rider transaction history;
• Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as your IP address, type of browser, version of operating system, carrier and/or manufacturer, device identifiers, and mobile advertising identifiers;
• Location data; and
• This and other information you may direct us to share with other parties, such as when you choose to link your BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC account with a separate travel rewards program or when you choose to engage with an offering from another company through the
BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC Platform, such as a vehicle service. We disclose those categories of personal information to these other parties and service providers to fulfill the following purposes:
• Maintaining and servicing your BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC account;
• Processing or fulfilling rides or other offerings of the BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC Platform;
• Providing you customer service;
• Processing transactions and payments;
• Processing Driver applications;
• Verifying the identity of users;
• Detecting and preventing fraud and unsafe activity;
• Processing insurance claims;
• Providing Driver loyalty and promotional programs;
• Providing marketing and advertising services to BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC, including to provide targeted and cross-contextual behavioral advertising personalized to you;
• Providing financing;
• Providing requested emergency services;
• Providing analytics services to BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC; and
• Undertaking research to develop and improve the BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC Platform.
We may share your personal information in response to a legal obligation, or if we have determined that sharing your personal information is reasonably necessary or appropriate to:
• Comply with any applicable federal, state, or local law or regulation, civil, criminal or regulatory inquiry, investigation or legal process, enforceable governmental request, or requirement as condition to operate (e.g., operating permit, license or agreement);
• Respond to legal process (such as a search warrant, subpoena, summons, or court order);
• Enforce our Terms of Service;
• Cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that we reasonably and in good faith believe may violate federal, state, or local law; or
• Exercise or defend legal claims, protect against harm to our rights, property, interests, or safety or the rights, property, interests, or safety of you, third parties, or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share your personal information while negotiating or in relation to a change of corporate control such as a restructuring, merger, or sale of our assets.
With your permission or upon your direction, we may disclose your personal information to interact with a third party or for other purposes.
We retain your information for as long as necessary to provide you and our other users the BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC Platform. This means we keep your profile information for as long as you maintain an account. We retain transactional information such as rides and payments for at least seven years to ensure we can perform legitimate business functions, such as accounting for tax obligations. We also retain your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our terms and policies. If you request account deletion, we will delete your information as set forth in the “Deleting Your Account” section below. We take reasonable and appropriate measures designed to protect your personal information. But no security measures can be 100% effective, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information, including against unauthorized intrusions or acts by third parties.
BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC provides ways for you to access and delete your personal information as well as exercise applicable data rights that give you certain control over your personal information. All Users
Email Subscriptions. You can always unsubscribe from our commercial or promotional emails by clicking unsubscribe in those messages. We will still send you transactional and relational emails about your use of the BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC Platform.
Push Notifications. You can opt out of receiving push notifications through your device settings. Please note that opting out of receiving push notifications may impact your use of the BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC Platform (such as receiving a notification that your ride has arrived). Profile Information. You can review and edit certain account information you have chosen to add to your profile by logging in to your account settings and profile.
Location Information. You can prevent your device from sharing location information through your device’s system settings. But if you do, this may impact BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC’s ability to provide you our full range of features and services. You may also control some elements of sharing your location with BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC in your BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC account settings.
Cookie Tracking. You can modify your cookie settings on your browser.
Accessing Your Information. If you would like to access your personal information, please visit your account settings. You can also see information we have about you by logging into your account and viewing things like your profile, settings, and preferences (like preferred pronouns and address shortcuts such as home and work), ride history, or payment information. In addition, you may have some information included in things we have sent to you, such as ride receipts.
Deleting Your Account. If you would like to delete your BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC account, please visit your account settings. In some cases, we will be unable to delete your account, such as if there is an issue with your account related to trust, safety, or fraud. When we delete your account, we may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or to comply with legal or regulatory obligations. For example, we may retain your information to resolve open insurance claims, or we may be obligated to retain your information as part of an open legal claim. When we retain such data, we do so in ways designed to prevent its use for other purposes.
We may update this policy from time to time as the BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC Platform changes and privacy law evolves. If we update it, we will do so online, and if we make material changes, we will let you know through the BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC Platform or by some other method of communication like email. When you use BLYNKR TECHNOLOGIES LLC, you are agreeing to the most recent terms of this policy.
If you have any questions or concerns about your privacy or anything in this policy, including if you need to access this policy in an alternative format, we encourage you to email us.